Financial Aid is built into our tuition structure.
Ask about our Confidence Credit Plan.
Confidence Credit Plan
Under the Confidence Credit Plan, students do not pay the full tuition fee until after securing employment. Applicants are automatically considered for the plan when they apply to our programs.
We are confident that you will secure employment after earning your program certificate and by delaying tuition payments, you can be confident that you will only pay when your decision to take the program pays off. The only upfront payment you will see is a small refundable deposit.
|Salary You Earn||Tuition You Pay|
|$50,000 or less ⟶||$6,999|
|$100,000 or more ⟶||$13,999|
Lantern Tuition Remission Program
To ease the financial burden placed on students, Lantern Institute has created the Lantern Tuition Remission Program. This program provides a discount on tuition based on the salary students earn*.
The tuition amount students pay on the program is approximately equal to 14% of their salary plus HST.
*Please note that students are not obligated or asked to share their salaries with Lantern Institute, however, this is required in order to qualify for the above discount.
Lantern Referral Program
Help us grow our Lantern Family. For every acquaintance, colleague, friend, or family member that you refer to Lantern, you will receive $100 as a thank you from us.
In order to receive your payment, the person you refer needs to:
- Mention your name in their application
- Be accepted into our program
- Stay in the program for a minimum of 10 days
Pinnacle Award 2019
Recognizing Future Leaders of Data Science, Finance and Software
Lantern Institute is offering a $15,000 award to an exceptional applicant to our Mathematical Finance and Data Science, and/or Software Development Programs. The award is to be used to lift the financial burden students face when pursuing further training, specifically with Lantern. We are looking for bright, talented individuals who are highly motivated to start their software, data science, or finance career.
1) Completed or near completion of a Ph.D. STEM degree
2) Applied to either of our programs
3) Must be 30 or younger, or if you are still completing your Ph.D., must have started your Ph.D. before age 30.
Preference will be given to:
– People with relevant experience (whether through industry, academia, research or self-study)
– People with financial barriers to receiving training
– Youths facing barriers to employment (newcomers “less than 5 years in Canada”, from visible minority groups, living with disabilities, single parent or in a single parent home, living in low-income households, experiencing homelessness or precarious housing, and involuntarily not in employment, education or training “NEET” for greater than 6 months.)