Natural Language Processing:
Natural language processing (NLP) techniques have evolved significantly in the last decade thanks to the availability of huge amount of text data from various sources, e.g. news outlets, online books and articles, as well as the spread of low-cost computing devices and platforms.
The main objective of this course is to familiarize the student with the important concepts of NLP and its potential business applications. The course provides the students a head-start towards building simple NLP systems such as document classification system, topic modelling, and recommendation engines.
- Text processing, part of speech tagging, and feature engineering
- Document classification approaches
- Topic modelling techniques
- Simple recommendation engines
- Introduction to advanced applications such as machine translation
*Fees listed do not include HST. Final fee will include HST.